Saturday, November 12, 2011

Book Review...

...because I couldn't think of anything else to write. This is also, possibly a love letter to my Kindle.

I recently finished Georgette Heyer's Regency World,  which was interesting and well written but not long enough for me. It read like an encyclopedia entry. Don't get me wrong, it was a very interesting encyclopedia entry. I did learn a good deal of vocabulary though. Nuncheon, for example which apparently meant eat when you're hungry is a fun word. Although eating when you're hungry seems simpler, nuncheon is shorter.



Then I picked up Flapper: A Madcap Story of Sex, Style, Celebrity, and the Women Who Made America Modern, which sucked. Because the title lies to you. It's not about Flappers at all. I mean, they are mentioned a bunch of times but it's really a book about F. Scott and Zelda Fitzgerald, a couple about which I could not possibly care less. If I wanted to read a biography of an author I can't stand I would have, you know, bought it.

No comments:

Post a Comment